Is your smile plagued with multiple imperfections like chipped, cracked, stained, or irregularly spaced teeth? Are there so many flaws that you’re not sure which cosmetic dentistry service would be best for you? If so, then you might be a perfect candidate for a treatment called porcelain veneers. These thin, ceramic shells can be placed over the front surfaces of your problem teeth to instantly give them a perfect appearance. At Dental Innovations, we provide our patients with a number of options for porcelain veneers in Mesa. Call us today to get started!
Made from Fully Customized Dental Ceramics
Highly Trained & Experienced Cosmetic Dentists
Caring Team in Modern Dental Office Environment
Here are just a few of the benefits that veneers provide our patients:
- Veneers can correct a wide variety of imperfections, including stains, gaps, misshapen teeth, and cracked or chipped enamel. They are by far the most versatile way to transform your smile.
- Each veneer is personalized to resemble the size, shape, and color of your natural pearly whites, creating gorgeous and lifelike results.
- If you’ve been self-conscious of your teeth, you’ll finally have the confidence to smile and speak in front of others.
- With proper care, your veneers can last for a decade or even longer.
- Dental porcelain is incredibly resistant to staining. As a result, your veneers will not become discolored nearly as easily as your natural tooth enamel.
- The whole process only takes two appointments and a few weeks to complete.
How Are Veneers Different from Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns and veneers are both restorations that can improve the appearance of a cosmetically imperfect tooth. The main difference is that while a crown covers the entire portion of the tooth above the gums, a veneer only covers a tooth’s front surface. Because veneers are smaller than crowns, your tooth will not have to be altered as much to place it. However, crowns are more effective at shielding the tooth from structural damage. We can discuss which of these options would better suit your smile during a consultation.
Will Veneers Permanently Change My Teeth?
Tooth enamel is the strongest substance in the human body, but it cannot grow back after it has been lost. Since we have to remove a very thin outer layer of enamel (about as thin as a contact lens) from your teeth in order to place veneers, the procedure is indeed considered irreversible. Moving forward, those teeth will always need some type of restoration for protection.
However, you’ll be glad to know that veneers are quite durable and can last a long time with the right aftercare. Additionally, most of our patients with veneers have said that the confidence they’ve gained from a new and improved smile has been absolutely worth it!
Can I Still Get Cavities If I Have Veneers?
Veneers are only a cosmetic treatment, so they do not increase or decrease your risk of getting cavities. To prevent harmful bacteria and plaque from building up in your mouth and causing decay (which could weaken the bond between your veneer and your tooth), you’ll need to maintain a good at-home oral hygiene routine.
Do Veneers Require Any Special Care?
For the most part, you can take care of veneers in the same way you would any other teeth. Here are some tips from your cosmetic dentist in Mesa on how to make your veneers last as long as possible:
- Brush your teeth at least two times per day and floss once daily.
- Visit us for checkups and cleanings twice a year. That way, our team can catch any problems with your veneers early on.
- Wear a nightguard if you grind your teeth while sleeping and an athletic mouthguard if you play sports.
- Avoid chewing on hard, inedible items such as ice, pens, and fingernails.